Sunday 8 January 2012

What lies ahead?

No-one can entirely predict the future, and certainly not me.  Had you asked me 8 months ago that I would be going to Russia I would have said, "What for? Why would I go there?" Here we are 5 months after I heard about the opportunity to go and I am going, tickets are paid for and I am headed to Russia soon. Yes, in mid-winter. I can't wait.

I have to admit that I like to have my week planned in advance with my appointments all scheduled and accounted for. I put reminders in my calendar and when I know what is happening so that I can prepare myself for it.

This week there are a few things to prepare for:
1. The kids back to school and I am back to work.
2. I have a few deadlines for articles which are due this week.
3. Another week of training with Igor. (I am pretty sure he will jack up the intensity)
4.I get my weigh in and measurements done on Tuesday. I can't wait. 
5. I have some reading up to do to prepare myself mentally for the cultural climate in Russia when I go on my trip.
6.I have presentations to prepare.
7. I start swimming again after the holidays.
8. I take my typhoid medicines this week. 
9. I get to introduce berries into my meal plan.

Tomorrow I will be posting some more meal ideas.

I am so blessed to be able to say that I have an exciting and interesting life. 
I have such a supportive husband and children and they are behind me 100% of the way.  Wow!

Yes I like to have a schedule, but I always leave room for the unexpected. You just never know where life may lead if you are open to opportunity and meet challenges head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.