Tuesday 27 March 2012

How soon we forget....

A week ago I confessed to having had a little bit of a binge week. That meant chocolate, ice cream, frozen yoghurt...and the list goes on. Yes my taste buds loved it, but my body didn't and I felt horrible. But, as many of you have experienced I could not stop the craving for more sugar! I understand everyone is not like me...but many are.

Five days into eating right and four days into working out again and I feel so much better and I want to remember this feeling next time I am tempted to put too much sugar and junk into my body. I am down two pounds on the scale this morning and my jeans are thanking me for their decreased need for stretching.

Yesterday my husband and I went for a walk, mainly to clear our minds, not so much for the physical benefits.

This morning we ate the buckwheat for the first time, if you are on a restricted nutritional plan and are sick of Quinoa, you might want to try Buckwheat. It is gluten free and not really a "wheat".
Porridge: Buckwheat groats with Blueberries, cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk, sweetened with Stevia. a Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy free alternative.


I cooked this in my rice cooker with almond milk and cinnamon. I prepared and cooked the night before, so in the morning all I did was add blueberries and stevia and heated the porridge up with additional almond milk and there we had breakfast.


If you are not a fan of porrige, then here is another alternative:
Banger sausage, Scrambled eggs, Veggies and fried Tomato

A word of caution, look at the labels. I found that this sausage was the only Gluten free, sugar free sausage in the whole grocery store. If you think bacon is sugar free...think again. Look at those labels.

Muscle soreness has gone away now, thankfully...I am looking at what my next adventure will be...I have some very pivotal meetings this week which will shape my direction...I love being in this place. Oh the possibilities and opportunities! 

What is your next adventure going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.