Tuesday 2 October 2012

Pumpkin Time!




By Melony Teague
There is not more denying that fall is here. It just happens to be my favourite season and I love it when the trees and shrubs turn a riot of colours and my eyes favour the colours of fall. Makes you think of apple pie, pumpkin pie, family gatherings and cool mornings. The thing is, you can't have pumpkin pie everyday, or can you? 

Here's a way you can capture the taste of fall and of Thanksgiving right through October, with a Pumpkin Latte. I have to admit that my first attempt at a Pumpkin Latte did not turn out so well, I tried to froth up some almond milk, but it just did not seem to want to cooperate. So on the second try I think I got it right.

Here is the recipe, it is sugar and lactose free without compromising on that wonderful warming and comforting feeling you get when you take a sip.

Pumpkin Latte

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon Pumpkin puree
1 cup Goat's milk (Update: You can use Organic Unsweetened Soy milk too)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (as pure as you can get)

1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder dissolved in 4 tablespoons boiling water.

A drop of non-bitter Stevia liquid.


Method: 
  1.  Boil the milk until frothy.
  2. While you are waiting for the milk to boil, mix the all the other ingredients together and stir to form a smooth paste.
  3. When the milk has boiled and there are small bubbles forming on the top of the milk, (do not over boil) remove from heat and froth with either a frothing wand or blender. 
  4. Pour the frothed milk into the cup and stir. 
  5. Enjoy with a few thoughts of what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday.
Please give it a try and let me know what you think. It will save you a trip to the coffee shop and a few pennies too.

By Melony Teague


By Melony Teague
www.melonyteague.com 

To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.