30 Day Challenge - Day 14 is Weigh and Measure Day
How are we doing?
For the full list of participants, click here.
"The challenge is going really well for me. I needed the accountability the first few days to get me going and now I WANT to eat well and no longer have the cravings for crackers and cheese and peppermint candy during the day. I love experimenting with new recipes and so far so good!
The biggest thing these last 2 weeks have been the support in this group and the feeling of being in control of my eating again."
"Challenge is awesome, I agree with Elisabeth (from San Carlos) - I needed the accountability to think more about the decisions I was making. It kept me more honest when I might otherwise have taken a short cut... I Feel good about the inches though - all measurements decreased somewhat (biggest decrease was in hips and leg :) for a grand total of 2.75 inches.
... I know somethings going right because people are noticing - they might not be able to put their finger on exactly what's changed, but I'm having people say how energized I look, have I changed something? Somethings different, but what. That does make me smile from ear to ear.
What day 14 has done is motivated me to really do even more from day 15-30. I am adding a decrease in my salt intake even though that wasn't on the list. I know it's something I should do though so I'm adding it to my own."
Karie-Anne from Elmira reported that she has lost 8.4 pounds and I lost 7.5 inches. WOW!She wrote:"The weight is about the same as when I started, but when I measured the inches, I was surprised! I lost about the same as Elisabeth - 3 1/4 inches. I'll get the weight moving more the next part of the challenge as I pledge to record every bite I eat. I love being sugar and white flour independent! Feel great and ready for more."
"I feel really good...I think I could have done better if I had have included exercise."
Sheila from Cape Town wrote:
"Did well with the no-hard-cheese plan - people noticed a firmer "behind"
Weight down by 1kg = 2.2lbs."
Sue from Nottingham, UK is happy. She wrote:
"Well I am thrilled!!! I have apparently lost 3 pounds."Bonnie from Toronto, is tracking 6 measurements:
Lower leg - stayed the same.
Upper leg - lost 1 cm.
waist - lost 3 cm.
chest - lost 4 cm.
lower arm - went up half a cm.
upper arm - lost 2 cm.
"I am really happy with the results and I am more motivated than ever!"Sue from Toronto has added artificial sweeteners to her list of replacement foods.
Well done to all.
COCONUT BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
- Preaheat the oven to 350 F
- Rinse the beans thoroughly and place in food processor together with melted coconut oil.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth, adding the eggs last.
- Scrape into greased square dish and bake in preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and try not to eat them all before they cool down.
- Early Grey is probably my all time favourite - especially with double bergamont.
- Tension tamer (a chamomile mint rose hip etc etc concoction that I like to start my day with)
- Sleepy Time (another chamomile blend) before bed
- Chamomile vanilla and honey blend
- Green tea with Jasmine blossoms
- Chai tea (straight up or with milk)
- China Oolong tea
- Green tea with Roasted Brown Rice (somewhat coffee like)
- Cookies and cream (which doesn't taste anything like cookies and cream to me but I like it all the same.)
- Peppermint (my least favourite, actually upsets my stomach)
- Spearmint (better for my tummy)
And then of course I have the berry blends which my friends tend to like, but I usually find less satisfying."
And this is MY cup of TEA with Breakfast taken the last time I kicked the coffee habit a year ago!
When is your favourite time to have tea?
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out"
Join me on facebook.