Comforting and fragrant....
This Brown Bismati rice pudding is a winner. It is gluten free and the raisins add iron to the meal. I make mine dairy free by adding a can of coconut milk. Be sure to look at the ingredients on the label, don't buy the cans with additives and gum in them.
Brown Bismati Coconut Rice Pudding
(Rice Cooker method)
- Rinse the rice very well, at least 4 times in cold water and place in rice cooker
- add spices
- Open can of coconut milk and scoop off 1/3 cup of the "cream" and set aside. Pour the rest of the cream and coconut milk into the rice cooker and stir to combine with rice.
- Add lemon zest, maple syrup and raisins, stir to combine.
- Turn on your rice cooker and let it cook.
- Once it is done add in the coconut cream that you set aside to make the rice pudding nice and creamy.
- Serve warm with heated rice milk and whole raw almonds for breakfast or chill to serve as pudding. (1 cup per portion for breakfast.)